Monday, July 13, 2009

I finally got my blog going on

Well, it took me months but I'm here! I don't know why I kept putting off getting this thing started, it seemed I never could find the time. I'm terribly busy babysitting my Granddaughter as I write this, but she's having an afternoon snooze so I actually had a few minutes to myself. I'm pretty tired and sore today from 2 days of Festivities out in Brocton. I was there as a vendor, and setting up/tearing down is not as easy for me as it was 10 years ago when I did this sort of thing every summer. Back then it was big heavey wishing wells, decorative wooden yard signs, and those sand bottles that were all the rage at the time. Definatly alot more physically demanding than hauling around little plastic bins of jewelry, but my body says different. Age, arthritis,and my own personal favorite, Fibro Myalgia can be thanked for that sorry state of affairs I would think. I'm not complaining, really I'm not, it could be worse. Suppose there were no Vicodan-aaaack, perish the thought! I'd be in bed with the heat pad on my back and ice packs on my feet, my little dog Otis would be whining to go out, and four cats would be sitting on the bed staring at me like I'm a rare form of rodent ready for slaughter! So, anyways The festival was fun, I made a little money, made alot of new friends, and won a little ceramic pumpkin with the pleasant surprise of a very lightly scented candle inside! Even though the rain pretty much ruined Saturday, Sunday had beautiful weather and people were generally happy and enjoying themselves. I got to see mud wrestling for the first time in my life too. One match was between 2 girls and I recently became friends with the girl who won. That made it more fun to watch! I thought the whole crowd was routing for her, but later found out both girls were named Nicky-lol, so no feelings were hurt by the crowds chants! Ok, I just realized I would probably write a book if I kept going & nobody will bother to read it, besides my little darling just awoke from her slumber-till next time*****Dawn

3 comments:

  1. Hi Dawn! Great start!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tagged you on my blog. I have an award for you there. email me if you need help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great and awesome site. You have done great yet and hope you will continue with same here. Thank you so much for posting such nice stuffs again.
    vitamine a

    ReplyDelete